Recently, FBR has begun to diversify our space to include evening entertainment. In April, we’ve got all sorts of fun events planned including Dale Radio, the third installment of the Super Fun Superfund Variety Show and a special treat, BBQ Films’ Labyrinth of Props Movie Night. To accompany our evening events, FBR has received sponsorship from Brooklyn’s own Brooklyn Brewery. They’re local, they’re green and their beer is just about the best in town - we’re so glad to have them on board! So look forward to some refreshments at our upcoming FBR Presents! events.
What is Brooklyn Brewery doing to be green, you wonder? Here are all the answers excerpted from the Brewery’s FAQ’s:
- Here at The Brewery in Brooklyn, we became the first New York City company to use 100% wind-generated electricity.
- We recycle all our paper, plastic, and bottles.
- We recycle our spent grain, sending it to a facility in NJ that turns it into pig feed. Our spent grain also goes to support the Queens Farm Museum that feeds it to their chickens and pigs and also uses it as compost.
- We recycle hot water from the brewhouse.
- We’ve installed: a new, more efficient brewhouse that recycles even more hot water and recovers heat from the vapors off the kettle; more efficient wort chillers; more efficient steam boilers; and a more efficient external wort boiler which uses less heat to get to the necessary temperature.
- All cold and hot pipes are insulated with high-tech foamglass insulation from Dow Corning.
- East Coast Warehouse hold our beer as it ships around the world. The building has solar panels on the roof that provide about 1/3 of their total power needs.
- Our tasting room uses compostable cups and environmentally friendly cleaning products.